->Who manages your social media?
->Do you use any social media channels for customer service allowing your customers to make easy, quick contact with you for support issues?
Many larger business have created support accounts on Twitter and Facebook to handle customer questions and issues. The larger companies do have the staff to man these channels every day, while the smaller companies do not. But that doesn’t mean that the small businesses still shouldn’t be on social media so they can keep an eye on what their customers are saying, along with their competition. This also creates a fantastic arena for your raving fans to leave you an awesome review for all those other consumers on social media to see.
Along with support on social media, did you know that:
- As of January 2014, 74% of online adults use social networking sites.
- As of January 2014, 19% of online adults use Twtter.
- Fully 40% of cell phone owners use a social networking site on their phone, and 28% do so on a typical day.
- Social networking sites are increasingly used to keep up with close social ties.
Need more information to get you moving?
- Consumers are 71% more likely to make a purchase based on social media referrals. Social networks influence nearly 50% of all IT decision makers.
- Out of 53% of consumers who said they use Twitter to recommend companies or products in their Tweets, 48% bought that product or service.
- 15,100,000 consumers go to social media channels before making purchase decisions.
- 74% of consumers rely on social networks to guide purchase decisions.
- 81% of US respondents indicated that friends’ social media posts directly influenced their purchase decision.
- 78% of respondents said that companies’ social media posts impact their purchases.
What we do at Boomerang Social is make sure your information is out on the channels that your market is on so they can see what great products or services you have to offer, that you are the expert in your field, along with keeping you in front of your past customers so they don’t forget about you.
Could you use our help? Contact us